Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Photographer I like + My first photos edited

                An artist I like
Since studying photography I have had the change to reasearch a lot of photographers and find some I really love. One person I was happy to find was Jennifer Zwick. I really liked her series on Narratives and the story and creativity they hold. I think all photos should tell a story, capture a moment or be a memory for the viewer to remember. I like Zwicks Photographs because they remind me of childhood and the never ending imagination we have at that age. One of my favourites is 'The Reader' beacause it reminds me of my love for reading and how you can get lost in a book. All of this series are really cool and I think draw the viewer in to remember and remenis on the crazy things you did and believed in. These are my potographs from the series:

Jennifer Zwick 'The Dream' 2007. Accessed on the 6/4/11 at http://www.jenniferzwick.com/work/photography/constructed-narrative/the-dream

Jennifer Zwick 'The Explorers' 2005. Accessed on 6/4/11 at http://www.jenniferzwick.com/work/photography/constructed-narrative/the-explorers

Jennifer Zwick 'The Reader' 2005. Acessed on 6/4/11 at http://www.jenniferzwick.com/work/photography/constructed-narrative/the-reader

My first edited

For all of these photos I pretty much changed the vibrance levels. However I also changed some of the colour levels, brightness and contrast. I love the difference when you just change the vibrance of a photo it brings out all the colours so much more. For the last two photos I cropped them because I thought there was a lot of negative space.












No comments:

Post a Comment