Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Final folio proposal


For my final folio I am going to produce a collection of digital artworks with the focus of a specific colour in each.
I first got this idea from a blue door at a church I drive by each week. I love the architecture of the church and the way the blue door changes the whole perspective of the building. I have always loved colour and really wanted to include this in my folio. I also love landscape photography and the way the camera can capture a moment in time.

Some photographers I really like are Trevor Morris's photos on architecture and landscapes. I was also inspired by the article called Colour inspiration, Photography by the editorial staff at the CS magazine. They did a series on different photos focusing on a colour which were really good. I like the idea of colour envoking emotions in the viewer and changing the perspective of the artwork. Here are some of the photos I really liked and hope to create and work with.

Blue by ~el-la Accessed on 9/3/11 http://www.chethstudios.net/2010/07/beautifully-blue-color-photography.html


Blue door by chalkhills
http://chalkhillscollective.wordpress.com/tag/brighton-and-hove-camera-club/
 
Accents of Blue by ~dpakoh
http://www.chethstudios.net/2010/07/beautifully-blue-color-photography.html


Blue Stairs by ~Initio

 http://www.chethstudios.net/2010/07/beautifully-blue-color-photography.html





 

 
The Red door by Trevor Morris
http://morris-photographics.com/
David Hockney 'Pearblossom Hwy, 1986, #2' 1986

the blue door by ~thanuU http://www.chethstudios.net/2010/07/beautifully-blue-color-photography.html

All Accessed on the 9th March 2011

Artworks I am going to create:

1. For the photogaphy part of my folio I am going to capture a landscape photograph that emphasizes a specific colour. Such as blue for the sky, yellow or green as a field, etc. I want the photo to be aesthetically pleasing as a landscape photograph but to also demonstrate a colour really well.

2. For my second piece I am going to create a digital collage using one of my landscape photographs. I really liked Hockneys 'Pearlblossum Hwy' and am going to use a similar effect as it to create a really nice landscape. I want it to be like a huge puzzle, were each piece jumps out at the viewer, but also works really well together.

3. For my third artwork I want to get some photographs of coloured doors and then use Corel X Painter to make it look like a digital painting. I will either do one piece for this section or a few, depending how all the doors go together.

4. For my animation piece I am going to use one of my photographs of a doorway with a coloured door. I am going to use photoshop to edit the photograph so that the door is all different colours. I want this to portray some imagination for the viewer to think about why it is that specific colour and the effects when different items are coloured instead of black and white. I will present it as a stop motion in order of colours and there shade and then a whole mix of them.

5. For my last art piece I am going to create a video, which will be of me walking around a park or the city. I will then use the computer to section the film into 4 or 5 parts and change the colour of the whole frame so that the viewer sees the whole film in various colours. I want it to make the viewer think about how colour can change the whole perspective of something and how it really brightens up life. I will also have one section in black and white so that the viewer can see how dull our world would be without colour.

My folio will consist of different landscapes photographs and architectural that either have a specific colour shown in them or have an item of a specific colour in focus. I want the focus to be on the aesthetic qualities of landscapes as a main. However I also want viewers to have to look more into the photo to decide what the colour focus means to them. 

I believe digital art is a great way to represent my topic of colour as it gives the viewer a whole variety of ways to look at it. I think digital art can really jump out to the viewer because there is more to look at and it is shown in a creative way.

I am going to make all my artworks using my camera. I will take photographs for the first 3 artworks and then use Photoshop and Corel X Painter to create the final product. For my animation I will use my camera and take lots of still photographs and then edit them in final cut. Lastly for my video I will also use my camera to take the footage and then edit in final cut.

Presentation:

2 comments:

  1. I like idea of focussing on colour. You have only addressed the photographic component of the project, you also need to create works for the collage, drawing/painting, video and stop motion animation components. 59% P

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pics are realli pretty....i downloaded sum of dem...do upload more...:)

    ReplyDelete